Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This is the beginning of a new chapter in "Jenny's World". A fun and almost fantasy world where everything seems to have a blessing at every turn. The first blessing in this chapter...resigning from a secure job. It would seem to some that after pursuing a goal and career and obtaining it, one would be content and settled. Interestingly enough in my case, the opposite was true. Yes, after pursuing athletics and coaching for 20 years (beginning at the age of 7 years), I have begun a walk down a new path. It began with me kicking and screaming but eventually God won. It's honestly hard to explain why I took the turn I did. My only reason...because I love the Lord. Don't get be wrong, it's not like a heard a voice and jumped off the cliff in an instant. As Jacob wrestled with the Lord, I have been wrestling for the last couple of years. It was a gradual fight but this summer, I finally surrendered and gave up my goals to follow the Lord. I couldn't fight the Lord any longer. Discontentment began to turn to bitterness, bitterness transformed into a lack of motivation which led to hopelessness, and hopelessness caused me to create a prison for myself where I felt completely trapped. So now, after 15 years as "Jenny the Track Athlete" and 5 years as "Jenny the Track Coach" I am now just being Jenny, enjoying the adventure the Lord has in store for me.

8 comments:

shelly said...

and we couldn't be happier for you! the Lord will truly bless this new endeavor as you embark on HIS will for you now.
love you much!

Anonymous said...

xjciu
That a girl1 We're behind you 100%! Hwen you're hapy,mama's happy. Yeah God!
M

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love you and can't wait for the adventure!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Let's do the half marathon together! It's about time...I'm excited for you.
tarik

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Jenny. You listened to God's call, took the leap and I am so excited to watch and hear how you and others will be blessed. Enjoy the ride!

Luv U :) Karebear

Becky Dellar said...

JENNY!! LOVE YOU!! :D So excited for what the Lord has!!! :D :D

~j~ said...

And everyone said "AMEN"....
really proud of you sweet girl!
Looking forward to seeing all the Lord is going to do in this new season of just being Jenny!
So very,very happy for you.
xxoo
I love you!
j