It's incredible how many emotions you can have within one week. This week began great! On Monday, I got to spend time with friends (#2 on my list of "things I've always wanted to do") and started a blog (#1 on my list). Tuesday I had an opportunity to make dinner for my family, I also listed that I wanted to cook more and spend more time with my family. So why is it that Wednesday I began doubting that the Lord was in control? The next half of the week has been a constant struggle to feel the joy I experienced earlier in the week. Yes, I have been discouraged. However, the Lord is always faithful in bringing us encouragement. Here are a few quotes I've read that have brought that comfort.
"By faith Abraham...obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." -Hebrews 11:8
"Waiting on God brings us to the end of our journey much faster than our feet." -Streams in the Desert
This morning as I was walking with my mom, I confessed that I needed to slow down and wait for the Lord's leading. There are so many directions I want to go, but I have not yet discovered where the Lord wants me to go. As we continued walking, we came upon a new gym called "Fitness Together". We walked in and had a chance to talk to the owner. She just opened the gym, which offers one on one personal training, a couple months ago and is looking for another trainer. As I followed her back to her office to get a card, I noticed a bible and a copy of "Streams in the Desert" on her desk. After talking more, I was encouraged to see God also working in others' lives. She stated, "Without the Lord, this place is not going to make it. I can only do it with Him." Oh, thank you Lord for the small glimpse into your plan to share who you are with others. I'm not sure if this gym is the place I should be, but I am encouraged by the faith of others and the Lord's perfect timing. May I also be able to encourage others with my faith.
3 comments:
sounds like a divine appointment for sure!!!
I had a really up and down week too! But I'm excited to see you tomorrow and worship our Lord next to you! :)
wow! of course there is some opposition and doubting because when you are in the Lord's will, the enemy is not happy. keep being honest with the LORD remembering all the thing He has done to get you thus far. He will put you in the perfect spot! can't wait to see where it is.
love you.
How awesome about the christian gym owner - man the Lord has been showing you all these cool things! Yes Lord give clarity to Jenny in her decisions as she continues to rely on you.
Our emotions are crazy... but it is always encouraging to hear other woman talk about it cause we all go through it! The Lord is Faithful - love you Jen!
Post a Comment