Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life is Crazy!

How can two weeks be full of so many of life's ups and downs? As I look back at these last two weeks since my last post, it makes me think that this life is crazy! Life is definitely not boring in this season. There are so many things to report I don't even know where to start so I'll go in chronological order. Believe me these events are not posted in greatest to least. In fact the last event took place today and I can safely say it may be on the top of my highlights for the month...or year.

Anyway, November got off to a rough start for us conservative republicans. Yes, on November 4th we ushered in a very dynamic, seemingly intelligent and very charismatic new President elect in what can safely be acknowledged as the most pivotal election to date. He promises to bring "Change" and "Hope" so we will sit back and see what the heck that means in the near future. Our prayers are with our new President. May he fear the Lord and support Israel!

Despite Tuesday's election and the feelings of uncertainty that come from the unknown, I was able to move on and have a great weekend. Below are pictures of my awesome hike with my little friend Laura (the same friend I visited in Hollywood a few weeks ago). Laura's husband was out of town so we hit the trails in my own backyard. It was so awesome to see the beauty of this amazing country that is just 1 mile from my front door. We hiked halfway up Mt. Boney in the Santa Monica National Reserve in the sweltering November heat. Another cool fact, I know Laura because our moms were college roommates at Cal Poly Pomona. God is so ingenious to put us all together!
 

The same weekend we had a huge gathering after church at Kahuna Grill in Santa Barbara. If you haven't been, you're missing out. Great burgers, great location and amazing ownership! Spending time with friends and family on Sunday is the best way to spend the sabbath
 

Another busy week flew by and paved the way for another fun, sometimes interesting, weekend. Amid the fires in Santa Barbara that started on Thursday night we made another trip to "The Happiest Place on Earth" on Friday! Disneyland never gets old for us. This time we were celebrating my mom's birthday. No complaints here, it was a great day! In fact, it got me ready for the Christmas season (well, minus the 80 degree weather). They had some of their Christmas decorations up and holiday music playing. The drive home was a reminder of the reality of this crazy life as we witnessed the beginnings of the Yorba Linda/Brea fires.
 
Posted by Picasa


This Saturday was a mix of fun and sadness. While recovering from my "Disneyland Hangover" I heard the news that a college freind finalized her divorce and Laura's in-laws had three minutes to evacuate thier home in Yorba Linda. It was a hard reminder that relationships and things are not bullet proof and neither one can fix our problems as we often like to imagine. What or who is constant and never changing like our God? All we have is dust and we will fail in everything without Him. I attempted to play soccer Saturday afternoon but I'm affraid I wasn't quite in the competitive mood. Ironically, I spend Saturday evening with our friends Heather and Daryl who just got married six weeks ago. They opened up their new home and bottles of wine for a relaxing evening. They're the couple that got married on the vineyard in Malibu so it seems appropriate that we should have a wine and appetizer party with them. I was encouraged by thier excitement of beginning thier life together. During the evening, I let them all know about my blogging endeavor so I may have recruited a couple more followers. I think I'm up to three now.
 

And finally, today at 8:18am my friends, tg+sg, welcomed their new baby girl, Reagan May. I got to visit and hold little Reagan on my way home from church today. She is adorable. All 9lbs of her! Welcome to this crazy life, Baby Reagan May! You are beautiful!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

Though this life is crazy, with so many twists and turns, ups and downs, we know that some things remain constant. No, I'm not talking about rain and taxes. I'm talking about the love and comfort of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Our president may not bring us the promised "change", our houses may burn, our relationships may fail, we will have pain and sorrow, but the Lord is faithful. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He has been tested throughout all generations and still He remains the same yesterday, today and always. Amen.

3 comments:

Living Life with Laura said...

I enjoyed reading your newest blog. Thankfully Cindy and Wayne's home was not burned. Thankful for your friendship!
Laura Scott

Becky Dellar said...

JEN!!!! Thank you so much for posting those pictures of little Reagan Mae!! oh my gosh...such a cutie - those look like the most kissable cheeks ever!
I also just love the picture of you and people at kahuna - I love all those people! oh man, miss the fellowship.
You are awesome. thank you SO Much for the pictures :)

~j~ said...

Yes you do have a blessed and full life sweet girl. Thanks for sharing some of it, i stress SOME of it with us :)) LOL
xooxo
julia