When I tell people my schedule of driving from Newbury Park to Santa Barbara about 4 times a week, I get the same reaction: "Oh, that's alot of driving" and "Doesn't that get old." The truth is, over the last few months, I've really enjoyed my "long" commute. I had the opportunity in the last few weeks to take some pictures to illustrate why this drive is not so bad. I think those who thought this drive might be burdensome will change their opinion. The first picture is the sunset I witnessed while driving back to N.P. in the early morning. I pulled over at one of my favorite points in the drive, down into Summerland from Montecito. I'm so glad I got myself up in time to see it
I've also started taking a Perspectives Class at church on Tuesday nights. I took this picture outside of Ventura at sunset on the way to Carp.
The last pictures, I took at sunset on the cliff of Shoreline Park. J and I had just finished our yoga stretching routine at Shoreline and before I got back into the car to make the drive to N.P. I stopped to enjoy the view. It was absolutely incredible. I can't beleive how many sunsets I missed being consumed in my last career.
2 comments:
oh wow... do you have the best job ever or what?!! way to look for the good and praise it and see God in it and praise HIM more!! love, love,love!
julia
Oh man Jenn - these are beautiful pictures!! I love those moments when you are driving and find yourself looking at the most beautiful sky ever!! :D Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment