So recently I had a little dry spell. You know, one of those times where your like, "Hello, God? Did you forget me." or "What am I doing here?" or "What's Your plan because I'm not feelin' it?". Anyway, I'm sure we've all hit that time. But just like the rainy weather and clouds have cleared this morning, so have the clouds that covered my heart. I had an amazing "spirit-filled" day yesterday. You know, one of those days where you love everyone, nothing bothers you, you have patience for everything and the confidence to approach any challenge. Yeah, FYI, that's not "normal"...that's the Lord! So, inspired by David's Psalms, I was compelled to write my own. I thought I'd share it. Hope it encourages you to wait through the storm (which is not easy, but worth the end result.)
Oh Lord, that your Spirit would live in me always.
With your Spirit I have the confidence of a victorious army.
With your joy in my heart I can approach a situation with calmness.
With your peace the most difficult circumstances seem like nothing.
WIth your Spirit I love and have the patience of a loving mother.
Lord, do not leave me.
Better is one day in your Spirit then ten thousand elsewhere.
You truly are the God of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control.
Your love never fails!
Have an amazing "spirit-filled day"!
1 comment:
Jenny! What an amazing post. Yes, I have those off/doubting days. And I have experienced those that you explained so well, when nothing bothers you, you are able to weather any storm and just love everyone that you come into contact with! Love your words - Confident, Victorious!, Peace... Thank you Lord for your Truths!!
Post a Comment