
Preparing to leave for six-months is a bit of a challenge. This week was filled with those little details that you don't think about. I've been shopping for sleeping bags, backpacks, and other camping gear (which I know nothing about). I've sent out about 40 letters and emails to friends and family. And today, I had a huge garage sale with all the belongings I've accumulated over the last 10 years.

That part of preparing is weird. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling. This week as I sorted through all my belongings, I was sad to see it go, although it's been in storage for nearly 9 months and I forgot I had it most of it. I can obviously survive without it but I still didn't want to see it go. Once the sale started and things started disappearing, I forgot what it was I didn't want to part with. It's funny much of what we own, outside of the small amount of family heirlooms, are out of mind when they are out of sight.

Tonight, I don't even remember half of what I sold. Now, I'm spending the rest of my time until June 25th with friends and family that I'll miss deeply when I'm gone. I will admit, though, it's awesome having a reason to visit with friends that you've been trying to spend time with for months. It's amazing how schedules open up when you are leaving in a short amount of time.
P.S. Thank you mom, dad,
Katee Grace, Dale and
Jewls for your amazing help with the sale!

18 Days and counting...
2 comments:
watching you prepare to leave has been nothing short of a blessing. We are very proud of you j.k! it is such a great adventure you are preparing to leave on and we couldn't be more excited and happy for you! THE LORD!! HE has a given you a really cool life!
xo
j
I, I, OR I? hmmmmm but no matter all that does is the great I AM
Yeahh!! How exciting! Will continue praying as you prepare that the Lord would lead you in exactly what to pack, down to each item! And that any anxiety or attack would be minimized as you get nearer...What an Adventure!!!
PS - got your picture in the mail. You're on the fridge ;)
Post a Comment