Sunday, October 12, 2008

California Fun

So, I've lived in California a total of 21 years, yet recently I've felt more like a tourist. We live in such a cool place. We're minutes away from surf, amazement parks, and historic venues, yet how many of us actually take the time to enjoy any of California's attractions? I know I feel as if I am just discovering all that is available.
 
Posted by Picasa
After a fun trip to Disneyland this Thursday, my sister and I had a chance to spend a night in Hollywood with our friends Jason and Laura. They live a couple blocks from Hollywood Blvd and tons of restaurants. The most stressful thing about our whole L.A. adventure was figuring out which fun thing to do! We started at a great Thai restaurant which was delicious and incredibly cheap! Who says L.A. is too expensive? After dinner we headed off, fighting a bit of traffic, to watch "Body of Lies" at the Grauman's Chinese Mann Theatre with all the other tourists and their cameras. Like I said, I've lived here for over 20 years and this was my first movie at this famous theater. After the movie, much to Jason's dismay who's lived in L.A. for years and has been to the theatre countless times, we busted out our cameras and captured the moment amongst all the real foreigners.
 
Posted by Picasa



It's funny how we don't take advantage of all we have around us. As this next season begins in my life, I hope I don't get too busy to take timeout to enjoy the amazing places God has for us and the great friendships he blesses us with. I'm so grateful for friends that are willing to share their piece of world with me. Thanks Jason and Laura for the great weekend! Let's do again soon!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Living Life with Laura said...

Jenny,

We loved reading your blog about your weekend in LA with us. We both had such a wonderful time with you and Karyn. We are definitely up for hanging out with you two again!! You are both truly refreshing women to be around! Much love,
Laura & Jason

~j~ said...

Gooooo Jen! Look at you livin large!
I have never been there so you can imagine how super excited I am for you, your list of things to do grows shorter each day :))
love you so much,
love j