Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Celebrations



This month I had the awesome opportunity to celebrate the Thanksgiving season multiple times! Our Reality church homegroup started the celebration spirit with a preThanksgiving potluck in place of our regular weekly meeting. There's nothing like sharing food, friendship, worship and the Lord together.



The next celebration was for my mom's real birthday. (We also went to Disneyland the week before for Part 1). This time we went to a cute little cafe in Oxnard, Ca. called "Mrs. Olsen's". Great food and another beautiful day in Southern California. We then finished the morning adventures thrift storing in Ventura, Ca. Mom and Dad had to pick out outfits for a 1950's party they were attending that weekend. Party animals!





Sunday, I spent another fun filled night at my second home is Santa Barbara. Our friends Luke and Bethany also joined us. It's a special treat to spend time with them since they'll be moving to Hawaii next month:( Jules made another delicious meal followed by entertainment watching the Discovery Channel's "I was Bitten". Crazy stories. I'm not sure I'll go into the ocean waters anytime soon. Yikes!

As if I haven't eaten enough. my mom out did herself with an amazing Thanksgiving feast. How blessed are we to have access to such foods. This year my grandparents, sister and family friend go to enjoy the fruits of Mom's labor. You are awesome, Mom. Thanks for spending the holiday making your family happy! Of course we had to finish the evening watching "Elf" a classic as we now prepare for the Christmas season! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May the Christmas season be even more full of memories, good friends and, of course, lots of good FOOD

2 comments:

~j~ said...

Man, are you the social butterfly or WHAT!!? your Thanksgiving feast looked so wonderful with your precious family gathered all around.
We are thankful for you Jen, more than you know..
xoox
julia

Anonymous said...

comment


there...ya happy?!
~Blythe

j/k! it was fun seeing you the other night...do you have a disneyland pass??? i've been itching to go!! :)