Friday, July 3, 2009

Aloha from Kauai

Aloha Friends!
Mom, Dad, Karyn and I arrived safely in Kauai for our week vacation before YWAM. We packed many activities in a short time but it was all worth while. The pictures below are some of our adventures.

We got to go to a Luau.

Dad and I kayaked down the Wiamea River.

We took a catamaran trip and snorkeled off the Napoli Coast.



Did some sightseeing.




Ziplined through the jungle.



We also had a chance to enjoy some down time on the beautiful beaches and see many amazing sunsets.







When I realize that I am spending three months on these beautiful islands, I often smile to myself. We are now in the Maui airport waiting for our flight to Kona where Mom, Dad, and Karyn will continue their vacation and I’ll check in to the YWAM base to begin the lecture series of my DTS. Overall, I’m doing well although I am missing the fellowship of my friends already. Please be praying that I will meet other amazing friends during my time at YWAM.

Gramma update: The second round of Chemo has been harder then the first. The side effects of fatigue and loss of appetite are more severe. Despite Gramma’s discomfort she is still in good spirits and fighting through day by day. I am very proud of her. Her strength motivates me to run this race in such a way as to get the prize and not like a man running aimlessly (1 Corinthians 9:24-27).

Aloha for now!

2 comments:

~j~ said...

I am looking at these pictures totally not believing you are there!!
Go ahead and set the worry aside Jen, the Lord knows friendships are important to you and I have no doubt you will make some real special ones!
Aloha!
xo
j

Katee Grace said...

oh Jenny!!! I have been thinking about you so so so much the past few days!
Love the photos of the sweet times with the family! How rad was the zip-lining?!?!?
Can't wait til your next post!