Saturday, August 15, 2009

Answered Prayers

On August 13th I celebrated the one year anniversary of the day I quit my job at UCSB. Many wouldn't consider this a happy occasion to celebrate but for me it represents my first step of faith that began the amazing journey I am now enjoying. Last week as I was studying I came across one of my favorite Psalms 40:

"I wait patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feel on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord."


As I read this psalm, I began thanking the Lord for lifting me out of a pit and placing me on a solid rock (or Hawaii). He has taken care of all my needs and given me the desires of my heart that I longed for. I can't thank Him enough for all He's done for me this last year. Motivated by all God has done I began looking through my journal I wrote one year ago. On July 26, 2008, while trying deserately to decided what do to with my life, I wrote Psalm 40:1-3 in the entry. At the end of this quote, I wrote: "Lord, may this be my testimony for the future. Thank you for what you are molding with my life now." As I reread these words a year later, I stared at the page in astonishment and thanksgiving. How great is our God?! He does hear our cries, He does care and He does want to place a new song of joy and praise on our lips.

3 comments:

Cristine said...

Amen Jenny!! May the Lord continue to lead your way and may His blessings continue to be poured out over you!

Katee Grace said...

oh so encouraging and yes.... what the Lord is doing in your life truly causes me to fear Him and love Him more...

xoxo,
katee grace :)

Becky Dellar said...

He really has given you a cool story to tell Jenny! I am so encouraged by it...Love your pictures!!