How many of us love sitting around the kitchen table with friends and family? Personally this is one of my favorite things to do. Some of my best memories are of sitting at the kitchen table with my family. Before I left for Hawaii I loved going to my Grandma and Papa's for breakfast. We would just sit and talk about life, upcoming decisions, discuss politics, the bible, the news, and friendships. I loved my time with them. It is to this love of mine that the Lord gave me a new revelation of who He is. He is one and represents three family members: the Father (our creator), the Son (our redeemer), and the Holy Spirit (our counselor). He makes up the perfect family relationship. No bad thing exists between these three family members; no jealousy, no grudges, no anger, no harsh words, no distrust. They completely love one another unconditionally. Now, because of the Son's death and sacrifice, I am adopted into this perfect family! I can just sit with them at the kitchen table all day long talking honestly and openly as I do with my Grandma and Papa. And just like my Grandma and Papa, they are always available, never get tired of me, don't rush me or force me to talk, never tire of me talking and always want to spend more time with me. But what's even better then the physical kitchen table that I love, the kitchen table our Heavenly Father has is always available to me. No reservations or travel time needed. I can enjoy the rest, the safety and the love of kitchen table fellowship at all times. Amen!
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders,...and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." -Hebrews 12:1
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Kitchen Table Revelation
How many of us love sitting around the kitchen table with friends and family? Personally this is one of my favorite things to do. Some of my best memories are of sitting at the kitchen table with my family. Before I left for Hawaii I loved going to my Grandma and Papa's for breakfast. We would just sit and talk about life, upcoming decisions, discuss politics, the bible, the news, and friendships. I loved my time with them. It is to this love of mine that the Lord gave me a new revelation of who He is. He is one and represents three family members: the Father (our creator), the Son (our redeemer), and the Holy Spirit (our counselor). He makes up the perfect family relationship. No bad thing exists between these three family members; no jealousy, no grudges, no anger, no harsh words, no distrust. They completely love one another unconditionally. Now, because of the Son's death and sacrifice, I am adopted into this perfect family! I can just sit with them at the kitchen table all day long talking honestly and openly as I do with my Grandma and Papa. And just like my Grandma and Papa, they are always available, never get tired of me, don't rush me or force me to talk, never tire of me talking and always want to spend more time with me. But what's even better then the physical kitchen table that I love, the kitchen table our Heavenly Father has is always available to me. No reservations or travel time needed. I can enjoy the rest, the safety and the love of kitchen table fellowship at all times. Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Loved this, Jenny. We are so blessed to be in God's perfect family.
Wow! This is such a cool way to see it. I also love what goes on at kitchen tables! :} Realizing that those same feelings of love and excitement to share are Always available to us is so great!! Thank you so much for sharing this!
Love this Jenny! Praying for you and I'm so excited for what the Lord is doing in and through you!
Much Love!
Post a Comment