In the past few months these versus have brought me great comfort. Being at a school with so many talented and gifted people, I tend to wish and covet the gifts the Lord has given them. Some of the people in my DTS are so full of joy all the time, or are great singers, or have a sence of humor that engages everyone. If I allow myself, I find myself wasting time, wishing the Lord would have given me those gifts. After a short bought of self-pity, I look at these versus and I realize that my gifts are just as important to the function of the entire body as any others.
-The big toe is also known as the "great toe".
-It is vital for maintaining the body's balance
-It acts similar to the fourth leg of a table. If it was taken away, the body would have to be re-trained to use different muscles and nerves to balance the body.
-Along with the other toes, the big toe takes 30-40% of peak force and 70% of peak pressure.
"The function of the toes, especially the big toe, is to help us balance, and to propel us forward during walking and running."
So my conclusion? Being the big toe of the body is not only awesome but vital to it functioning efficiently! Now I'll challenge you, what body part do you represent?
3 comments:
Oh Jen, this is awesome! i really couldn't answer that without some major thought and going before the Lord to discover the exact part of the body I am... so wonderful to hear your of your revelation... but we all knew that! :)
xo
j
seriously love this! what a cool exercise from the Lord! and I am so grateful for the body and all the gifts God has given to so many...love it!! :D Thank you so much for sharing. Your stories really do encourage me...
I love that you are the big toe! I'm excited to see how the Lord is going to use you - your post was super encouraging!
Post a Comment