Friday, September 26, 2008

Joy to the World!

This month has been amazing. The Lord has been amazing. I had a chance this morning to look at shell's, beck's. meem's and j's blogs and He is awesome in their lives too. Why does the Lord choose to bless us? He doesn't have to. He did enough already yet He still continues to bless us. Living with my parent's I've realized that they don't want to stop helping and giving to me. The more I appreciate it, the more they give. The Lord, as our father, is the same. He doesn't get tired of giving to us and when we show our gratitude, it just makes Him more happy to give. Thank you, Lord.

It is sad to me that I spent the last years so caught up in the stresses of a career, that I didn't have time to see the many blessings that He gave me. I didn't have time to enjoy them, nor the energy to search for Him in all things. Yet the Lord still found me and gave me back the joy I've been longing for. If our country goes into a depression as some are speculating, may the loss of jobs and careers make Jesus even bigger in our lives. He is already big but we need to sometimes stop what we are doing to see it. It might be interesting to see a decrease in material goods, jobs and money but an increase in our joy. More joy is worth every lost penny or job. Trust me, I'm living it!

2 comments:

Becky Dellar said...

AMEN!YES He is sooo good. I was journaling today; He is so good even when I don't "feel" like telling Him so! Just to give us salvation is enough, yet He does bless like crazy, and blesses Knowing the desires of our hearts. And yes Lord, Save people who are totally bankrupt and without jobs! Show them you in this crazy time.

love you jen...thanks so much for sharing this!

shelly said...

Amen! I am so glad to see your joy exude from you! And yes let's all live in the JOY that only comes from HIM! We are so blessed, even if we lost it all! Love you!