Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reconnecting

I'm sure we've all been through seasons in our lives where we feel like we've been disconnected. Not just in our relationship with the Lord, which often seems to happen, but in our other relationships. We get busy, distracted, stressed out and time just seems to fly. Next thing you know it's been 10 years and you realize that you never called that friend back. Well, the last 10 years have felt like that for me. I moved to Oregon for college, then Chicago for work, then to Santa Barbara for more work, then back to my hometown of Newbury Park. Each step of the way and each move I lost touch with more and more people until I was totally disconnected from some of my best friends. But through it all, the Lord is so good to me. I don't believe that it's a coincidence that my 10 year high school reunion landed exactly one month since I quit my job and moved back home. Just last month I defined one of my new goals to be a better friend and stay connected with friends. The Lord is faithful to the desires of our hearts. I not only reconnected with many lost friends but I had an amazing time last night at our reunion. So many people that I wish I had stayed in contact with were at the reunion at Los Robles Green in Thousand Oaks. While I thought it a bit embarrassing that I stated "I quit my job and I'm living at home." when people ask me what I'm doing now, my friends were encouraging and just glad to see me. It made me realize that my true friends don't care what my job is or where I work. They helped me discover more again who I am outside of a job and that "just being jenny" is what matters. Thank you, Lord, for relationships, friends and second chances.

 
Posted by Picasa

Oh, so we played a game that was a cross between a scavanger hunt and musical chairs. Guess whose table won? Yep. Ours! That's my freind Michelle and I holding up a number one in celebration. She was on my volleyball and track team in high school. We both still love to win. Go Panthers!!!

3 comments:

~j~ said...

o.k. how much do I love you!!! i think the fact that your table won last night was just one of the many highlights! :))
you looked beautiful Jen! you are absolutely beaming in these pictures.
Can't wait to hear all about it!
love j
xo

Becky Dellar said...

That is so awesome! Thank you Lord for answering prayer :) [i love your scarf] :)

shelly said...

you look beautiful! love that you won and gloat about it! also love the name tags with your pic on it! my how 10 years can pass and make for some funny pics. love you and can't wait to hear more!