Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Worthy to be Praised

I’ve been at the YWAM base in Kona now for 11 days and still I am in awe and shock at all I have had a chance to do. Aside from the great times of teaching and worship, I have had a chance to enjoy Hawaii. A couple days ago, I was running along the beach with a few of my classmates in amazement that God would place me here to live. Exactly one year ago this week, I was in complete turmoil as to what to do with my life. I was offered two jobs in the career I thought I loved, but didn’t feel at peace in any job. After wrestling with the Lord, I gave in, allowed Him to take over my life and now, I’m running in joy and freedom along the beaches of Kona. Really!? Is this possible?
God is real and worthy of all our praise!!! It is undeniable.












I also had a chance to visit another classmate’s home in Captian Cook about a 30 min drive from campus. On the way, Whitney (our hostess), Katy (my roommate) and I stopped at a Farmer’s Market. By the way, going to “as many Farmer’s Markets as possible” is on my list of “Things I’ve always wanted to do but never had time".
After the Farmer’s Market we took a tour of her home up in the mountains which happens to be a Coffee Plantation. Her home is one of only three coffee processing plants in Kona. It was amazing! Whitney, my classmate, has pounds of Kona coffee in her basement. The Lord is so awesome, giving me the opportunity to see a plantation containing one of my favorite things in life…COFFEE!


To sum up my experience here so far, I am in awe of the Lord’s blatant blessings in my life. There is no doubt in my mind that He is more then worthy to be praised!
For those interested in the lectures we are hearing, there is a blog you can go to our DTS Blog (julydts09.blogspot.com)and download the podcasts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow coffee plantation! i'm totally jealous and stoked for you!

love,
s.

~j~ said...

oh jen.... just to see your beautiful face and hear all that God is showing you of himself in such a short amount of time is an absolute
balm to my heart...and what the heck a coffee plantation!!! you are absolutely spoiled :)) kona coffee uh?! we have had some good convos around that stuff here at the 302 havent' we?!
Love you so much Jen, the Lord continue to bless you..
xo
j