Wow, is it really October 10th! How is that possible?! I think all us Californians can agree, it has felt more like July then October, but I'm not complaining. This month's heat wave has set the stage for another fun and busy week. Last Friday, I received two great packages in the mail. The first was my official business licence from the City. The second was my first box of "Kenyon Sports Conditioning" business cards. Yep, I'm officially a small business owner. That was a great way to start the month. I was so excited that I took a picture (in case you were wondering what that was on the side of this entry).
Last weekend, I had a chance to go to a wedding for a family friend I have known since elementary school. The wedding was on Sunday at a winery in Malibu. The ceremony took place on cliff over looking the rows of grapevines and the hidden valley. It was absolutely beautiful!
This week was filled with business details and a trip to Disneyland for my dad's birthday. I'm here to tell you that you are never too old for the "happiest place on earth". Since we've gone to Disneyland about a zillion times, we are pros at hitting all the rides with the shortest wait times, using "fast passes" most efficiently, and fitting in snacking and eating with the appropriate time to digest and not get a cramp. I guess you can say it is our families business to do Disneyland right:) We went on our favorite ride, the "California Screamin'" roller coaster, five times and it never got boring. We all agree, it is the best ride in the park making "Space Mountain" seem like a pretty princess ride for little girls. On a day like Thursday, the water rapid ride felt especially good. I think I laugh more about the irony of my mom trying to find ways to stay dry, saying "I don't want to get wet!" as we approach every rapid, then the ups and downs of the ride itself. My dad really enjoyed his birthday as he paraded around the park wearing his "It's my birthday" pin with strangers cheerfully greeting him in every line. Although we all had the "Disneyland hangover" as we tried to go on with our regular Friday work days, we had no regrets.All in all, it was a very happy birthday for my dad and an awesome day with the family; a day that I would not have enjoyed if I hadn't taken the leap of faith to start a new career. I am completely blessed with friends I enjoy and family I want to spend the day with. I'm beginning to get used to this new lifestyle:)



1 comment:
I want to go to Disneyland with you guys next time. Sounds like you have it all figured out! Say Happy Birthday to your dad for us!
I love your new life too!
Post a Comment